NCHRD-U alongside its member programs, strives to strengthen the capacities of HRDs to manage their personal and organizational security and protection. We coordinate and implement trainings in personal and organizational security as well as provide practical digital security tips that HRDs integrate as best practices in their operations to address their security needs.
The work concentrates on building the capacity in the following specific areas:
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting of human rights violations
- Legal Compliance for HRDs
- Safety and security management
- Digital Training Component
- Database Management
Due to the increasing office break-ins to member organisations, the program coordinates in-house organizational safety and security trainings for select organisations. This is an initiative that NCHRD-U started in June 2015 and has so far covered a good number of Member organisations across Uganda.
HRDs in kalangala in a group discussion during a safety and security training.
The capacity Building component is inter-linked with the other programmatic areas especially the protection and emergency response program. We work closely with International and National partners to coordinate and deliver these trainings.
Some of the activities done under capacity building program todate:-
- Capacity building Trainings on Human Rights reporting and handover of Database for CSOs in Uganda held on 19th-22nd April, 2016
- Save for health Safety and Security workshop held on 11th-12th February 2016
- Bulisa HRDs Safety and Security workshop held on 19th-21st January 2016
- Kalangala HRDs Safety and Security workshop held on 14th-16th December 2015
- Mbarara HRDs Safety and Security workshop held on 4th-5th November 2015
- Jinja HRDs Safety and Security Workshop held on 26th-28th October 2015