NCHRD-U Assistant Protection Officer
Welcome to NCHRD
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda (NCHRD-U) is an umbrella organization of individuals and organizations working to promote the protection of Human Rights Defenders (HRD) in Uganda.
The Director RIAMIRIAM : On Human Rights
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda (NCHRD-U) is an umbrella organization of individuals and organizations working to promote the protection of Human Rights Defenders (HRD) in Uganda, united in our mission we provide a platform for promoting synergy, cooperation, collaboration and sharing of best practices among HRDs in Uganda to overcome challenges faced.
1. To create an avenue for collective response to threats against HRDs.
2. To coordinate other civil society organizations in promoting safety and security of HRDs
3. To improve protection mechanisms, safety and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and at organization level.
4. To advocate and raise public awareness and profiles of HRDs in the country.
To protect and promote the work of HRDs in safe and secure environment through linkages with national, regional and international like-minded entities.
The Coalition envisions a region in which the human rights and diginity of HRDs as stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948 (UDHR) and other international human rights instruments are respected and upheld.
- 30 organisations call for continued efforts to hold Burundian government accountable for serious crimes September 19, 2017
- Robert Kirenga appointed new Executive Director of NCHRD-U September 5, 2017
- NCHRD-U takes part in human rights and gender awareness training for HRDs August 21, 2017
- NCHRD-U trains national referral network members on effective referral of HRD cases August 3, 2017
Our membership was at 58 member organisations in June 2013 when the Launch of the Coalition took place. This has since grown to 149 individual members and organisation. The membership is drawn from HRDs from across Uganda.
Most of the members have and continue to benefit from the NCHRD-U programs inclusive of capacity building initiatives, joint advocacy engagements and Protection and Emergency response
Procedures & Requirements
You will be required to fill a NCHRD-U membership form and attach the following documents:
- Certified copy of Permit to Operate as NGO/Certificate of Registration issued by NGO Board
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration and Incorporation issued by NGO Board.
- Profile of Programmes/Activities being undertaken
Board of Directors
DPI is a non-profit organization registered by the National NGO board under the Uganda statutory requirements …
The Uganda National NGO Forum (UNNGOF) is an independent and inclusive national platform for NGOs in Uganda…
Defend Defenders is the East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project. We seek to strengthen the work of …
Foundation for HUman Rights Initiative (FHRI) is an independent, non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for-profit human rights organization established in December 1991.
Mission: To Develop a Skilled and Empowered Legal Profession in Execution of its Statutory Mandate to Foster and Improve Access to and Administration of Justice as well as Good Governance in Uganda.
The Human Rights Centre Uganda (Centre) is a nonprofit organization established in November 2008 with the sole aim of contributing to the protection and promotion of the rights of…