NCHRD-U Assistant Protection Officer
Welcome to NCHRD
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda (NCHRD-U) is an umbrella organization of individuals and organizations working to promote the protection of Human Rights Defenders (HRD) in Uganda.
The Director RIAMIRIAM : On Human Rights
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda (NCHRD-U) is an umbrella organization of individuals and organizations working to promote the protection of Human Rights Defenders (HRD) in Uganda, united in our mission we provide a platform for promoting synergy, cooperation, collaboration and sharing of best practices among HRDs in Uganda to overcome challenges faced.
1. To create an avenue for collective response to threats against HRDs.
2. To coordinate other civil society organizations in promoting safety and security of HRDs
3. To improve protection mechanisms, safety and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and at organization level.
4. To advocate and raise public awareness and profiles of HRDs in the country.
To protect and promote the work of HRDs in safe and secure environment through linkages with national, regional and international like-minded entities.
The Coalition envisions a region in which the human rights and diginity of HRDs as stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948 (UDHR) and other international human rights instruments are respected and upheld.
- NCHRDU meets with different service providers October 30, 2017
- Regional Coalition building in Kumi district October 30, 2017
- Raid on CSOs: How Police acted in disregard of the law September 26, 2017
- 30 organisations call for continued efforts to hold Burundian government accountable for serious crimes September 19, 2017
Our membership was at 58 member organisations in June 2013 when the Launch of the Coalition took place. This has since grown to 149 individual members and organisation. The membership is drawn from HRDs from across Uganda.
Most of the members have and continue to benefit from the NCHRD-U programs inclusive of capacity building initiatives, joint advocacy engagements and Protection and Emergency response